Work backwards: first, look at some of the qualities required for the job. Then, consider how your hobbies might communicate those traits. When listing your hobbies and interests, you can simply include a section called “Interests” (or “Personal activities”) at the end.
How do I write my hobbies and interests on my CV?
Some additional guidelines for writing your CV interests section:
- Keep it short and to the point (one paragraph; maximum 2-3 lines)
- Be specific (e.g. instead of “I enjoy reading”, write “I enjoy reading non-fiction and current affairs books.”)
- Don’t list down your interest – describe them in sentences!
Do you put hobbies and interests on a CV?
While many candidates include it in their CV, there is a little misconception of what should and what should not be included. Your hobbies and interests should only be included if they are relevant. They can, for instance, help to demonstrate certain skills and competences or involve social and community activities.
What hobbies should be included in CV?
Some hobbies to list on a resume include:
- Artistic activities such as painting or graphic design.
- Community service.
- Cooking or baking.
- Examples of interests.
- Exercising and healthcare.
- Outdoor activities.
- Playing an instrument.
- Team or individual sports.
What can I say for hobbies and interests?
How to answer “What are your hobbies and interests?”
- Identify the extracurricular activity. …
- Highlight your skills, qualities or values. …
- Relate the hobby or interest directly to the company. …
- Use an example to show skills, qualities or values in action.
What are 3 examples of interests?
Examples of interests to include on your resume
- Learning new languages.
- Social media marketing.
How do I describe my hobby?
How to Answer “What are Your Hobbies?”
- Tell your hobbies with passion! …
- Hobbies can be the key to your personality. …
- Keep your explanation short and crisp. …
- Connect your hobbies with your job. …
- Explain how your hobbies make you a better person. …
- Don’t mention anything political or controversial. …
- Never say you have no hobbies.
How do you talk about hobbies in a personal statement?
Be prepared to talk about your interests
So be prepared to talk about your hobbies, face-to-face, in a formal setting (another reason not to write anything too strange!). Equally, don’t make up hobbies or interests, as you may be tripped up when asked about these.
How do I express my hobbies in an interview?
You want to show that you have interests, but that you also have the time to do the job well. Explain why you love it. Along with saying how you fit your hobby into your life, add a brief explanation of why you love the hobby. Perhaps you like gardening because you find being outside calming.
How do you introduce your hobbies?
Talking about hobbies in more detail
“I like arts and crafts. I’m a creative / practical person, and like doing things with my hands.” “I’m an outgoing person, and like socialising / hanging out with friends.” “I enjoy being physically active, and spend a lot of time playing sports and team games.”