What To Do When You Don’t Know The Answer To a Customers Question
- Be Honest. This does not mean you tell the customer “I don’t know”. …
- Don’t Make Stuff Up. NEVER! …
- Search For Answers. …
- Give the Customer An Estimated Wait Time. …
- Inform the Customer. …
- Close Gracefully.
How do you respond when you can’t answer a question?
Try one of these:
- “Unfortunately, that falls outside the scope of my research/this project, but thanks for your interest. …
- “Can I connect you with someone who might be better able to answer your question?”
- “I don’t know, but I’d be happy to look into that and get back to you with an answer.”
How do you deal with a customer you can’t understand?
10 strategies for dealing with difficult customers
- First and foremost, listen. …
- Build rapport through empathy. …
- Lower your voice. …
- Respond as if all your customers are watching. …
- Know when to give in. …
- Stay calm. …
- Don’t take it personally. …
- Remember that you’re interacting with a human.
How do you politely decline an answer?
Good ways to say anything but “No Comment” to questions you really don’t want to answer:
- “I’m sorry but I’m not able to speak to that subject”
- “Thanks for asking but I’m not able to answer that question”
- “I’m sorry but that information is proprietary”
What to say if you can’t answer a question in presentation?
This can be broken down into a few main parts.
- Acknowledge the question positively.
- Explain that you don’t know the answer in a clear and concise manner.
- Tell them you will find out for them.
- Clarify how you will get back to them.
- Give them a definite date/time.
How do you handle a frustrated customer?
How to deal with angry customers
- Stay calm.
- Shift your mindset.
- Acknowledge their distress.
- Introduce yourself.
- Learn about the person you are talking to.
- Repeat their concerns back to the customer.
- Sympathize, empathize and apologize.
How do you say you don’t know something in a presentation?
‘I don’t know, but I’ll find out and let you know. In the meantime I have a thought on the issue. Please keep in mind that it’s not the answer to your question as I’ve already stated I don’t know the answer but here is a thought…
What is not a good strategy if you are unable to answer a question from an audience member during your presentation?
Acknowledge you don’t know the answer. O and would think and get back to the. questioner. Acknowledge you don’t know the answer.