Ask them permission to get a second job. Explain your financial situation and why you need the job. It’s the best way I’ve seen. Ask for a flexible schedule to work an extra 30 -60 minutes per work day and the resultant half day off…
How do I ask my boss for a half day off?
Planning Your Time Off Request
- Give advance notice. …
- Know your employer’s vacation policies. …
- Make sure you’re caught up. …
- You’re asking for time off, not telling. …
- Don’t ask during crunch time. …
- Asking when you’re the new kid. …
- Consider getting it in writing. …
- Make sure key players know you’ll be away.
How do I tell my boss I want to go part time?
How to request to go to part time
- Understand why and when you’re asking to go part time. …
- Prepare by compartmentalizing your role. …
- Determine how many hours you’d like to work. …
- Schedule a meeting with your manager. …
- Submit a formal request and collaborate on solutions. …
- Suggest a trial period. …
- Reassure your manager and team.
How do I switch from full time to part time?
Here are tips and advice on how to make a case for going from full-time to part-time with your manager.
- Check on Company Policy.
- Prepare Your Case.
- Review a Sample Proposal.
- Be Ready to Address Potential Pain Points.
- Don’t Surprise Your Manager.
- Briefly Explain Why You Want to Go Part-Time.
- Suggest a Trial Period.
How do you negotiate a 4 day week?
Here are some ways to make your new schedule easy for everyone involved to work around.
- Make your day off the same day every week.
- Block out your day off on your viewable calendar.
- If you get an offer to attend a meeting or function on your day off, make a counteroffer.
- Remember that your four-day workweek is a privilege.
How do I approach my boss about reducing hours?
- show you are organised and good at planning ahead.
- get the support of your colleagues and consider their needs too.
- be willing to be flexible about your arrangements sometimes.
- have a positive approach and be willing to suggest alternative solutions if problems arise.
- find a supportive line manager.
How do I write a letter requesting reduced hours?
How to write letter of reduce hours to employees
- Indicate the employee is aware of the development and you have had a discussion about it.
- Explain the reduction in hours—and when this will start.
- Explain if this will have any result on their wage.
- Indicate if it’s a permanent or temporary development.
How do I ask for a reduced work week?
6 Steps for reducing your hours.
- Do your homework. What do you know about the flexible work options your employer offers? …
- Be specific. If you know what you want, ask for it. …
- Be ready to fight for it. …
- Be flexible. …
- If you don’t like the way things are headed, ask for more time to consider your options. …
- Don’t get stuck.
How do you ask for a shorter work week?
Be specific and flexible with what you’re suggesting
I went in with a clear request: I wanted to work a 30-hour week over four days rather than a 37.5-hour week over five. Having a specific request makes it easier to get a straightforward yes or no answer, or alternative but concrete suggestions.
Should the work week be four days instead of five?
A recent study on workplace productivity showed that the average worker is productive for just over four hours during an eight-hour workday. The four-day workweek has proved to maintain (and in some instances increase) productivity levels compared to a traditional five-day workweek.
What are the pros and cons of a 4 day work week?
Pros of a 4-day workweek can include cost savings, increased productivity, and employee retention. Some disadvantages, however, can include scheduling challenges, reduced producivity, and added stress.
Would a four-day work week be beneficial to workers?
Employees with a four-day work week and the same pay are happier and more productive. The theory behind this is that employees are happy to work for a company that values their contributions and time. So, they’re encouraged and empowered to put in extra effort into their work.
Should every weekend be a 3 day weekend?
A three-day weekend provides more leisure time, reduces commuting and energy consumption. Although it would mean that essential services are closed on that additional day and working days would generally be longer to fit the usual five-day workload into four.
What are the benefits of a 3 day weekend?
They found that 87% of workers believe that three-day weekends are actually better for stress relief than longer vacations. It is believed that with a three-day weekend, workers find they can relax more without worrying as much about what is awaiting them back at the office.
Why Should Monday be part of the weekend?
A new study from Oxford University suggests a four day working week could make people happier and more productive. With fewer working days, people may procrastinate less, and have more time to focus on the things they enjoy on a three day weekend.